During these hot summer days, finding ways to cool off is always on the brain.
When it comes to a dish that’s both delicious and refreshing, reach for this Melon Caprese Salad—guaranteed to be a family favorite. You might already have some of the ingredients in your garden!
- 4 cups mix of cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon melon balls (1-inch dice works well if you don’t have a melon baller).
- 4 pieces of 2oz burrata cheese.
- ¼ cup chiffonade basil.
- 2 tbsp chiffonade mint.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons honey.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Ball the melons and set aside.
- Mix olive oil, honey, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until incorporated.
- Place a burrata ball in the bottom of a bowl and fill space around it with melon balls.
- Sprinkle with basil and mint.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the melon, just before serving.
Note: Melon, dressing, and herb chiffonade can be prepared a day ahead, as long as you keep them separate.