On the quest for a dish that’s filling, fun to customize and still provides ample nutritional value?
Look no further! This recipe for chicken lettuce wraps for two is a deliciously perfect choice for a casual lunch but can also double as the star of your family dinner table. The leftovers can even be enjoyed for breakfast! Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone.
- 10-12 oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- ¼ Cup soy sauce.
- ¼ Cup brown sugar.
- 1 small nub ginger; peeled and grated.
- Squirt of Sriracha hot sauce, depending on spice preference.
- Fresh vegetables of your choice. We use bell pepper, cucumber, scallion and carrot.
- Chopped peanuts.
- Fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, and mint.
- Large lettuce leaves like bibb, romaine, or leaf lettuce.
- Asian sweet chili sauce for drizzling. We use Mae Ploy.
- Pull lettuce leaves and wash, spin or pat dry with a paper towel. Arrange lettuce cups on a platter.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger and marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, slice the bell peppers and peeled carrots into thin strips, dice the cucumber and scallion. Use enough of each vegetable to add crunch to each lettuce wrap.
- Place peanuts inside a food storage bag and crush with a mallet, rolling pin, or bottom of a sauté pan.
- Chop up the fresh herbs and mix together. Use enough to sprinkle on each wrap.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat, add 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil. Cook chicken until nicely browned and cooked through, flipping three to four times during cooking to prevent burning, approximately 7 minutes.
- Let chicken rest before slicing, then place desired amount of chicken on each piece of lettuce.
- Top with prepared vegetables, chopped peanuts and freshly chopped herbs. Drizzle with Asian sauce of your choice.