The bounty of autumn meets the Mediterranean with this cozy twist on a classic hummus.
Deceptively easy to make, this dish is sure to please. So, give it a try and add some additional flavor to your holiday table!
- 1 Medium Butternut
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- 1 15oz (425g) can Chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (plus more for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Peel and slice the butternut. Then place slices onto a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 30-35 minutes until soft and cooked.
- When the butternut is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, add the butternut to a food processor along with the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic and sesame seeds and process until smooth.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with flat breads, crackers, or raw veggies. Top with pomegranate seeds, goat or feta cheese, nuts or other seeds and fresh herbs.