Full of refreshing flavors and mouthwatering ingredients, this Shrimp Ceviche is the perfect warm weather companion. Make some for the whole family as an impressive appetizer, or simply for yourself on a sunny afternoon.
However you choose to enjoy this easy yet delicious dish, it’s sure to be added to your permanent roster of go-to recipes.
- 1lb cocktail shrimp, tails removed and diced
- ¼ red onion, very finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeño, finely diced (add more or less for spiciness)
- ¼ Cup diced tomato, about 2 roma tomatoes (just the fleshy outside, not the seedy inside)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, ripe, cut into half inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove tails from shrimp and chop them down to the size of your diced tomatoes.
2. Combine shrimp with tomato, onion, jalapeño, pepper, lemon, lime and orange juice.
3. Gently mix. Allow mixture to marinade for at least five minutes.
4. Carefully fold in olive oil, avocado, cilantro and salt. Mix gently so you don’t turn the whole thing into guacamole!
5. Serve with hearty tortilla chips and hot sauce.