Have we mentioned how much we love sweet potatoes?
With a rich, buttery taste complete with a crunchy topping, this sweet potato casserole recipe makes the perfect side dish to share with loved ones at your Thanksgiving dinner.
This has become a member (and staff) favorite at the club around the holidays—it’s darn delicious! It can easily be served as a side dish to your turkey or even as a dessert! For people who don’t like things so sweet, cut the sugar in the sweet potato mixture to ½ cup. I really like it the next morning, straight out of the fridge, with a cup of coffee!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- Makes: 12 servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 5 cups cooked/mashed sweet potatoes (5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Scrub sweet potatoes under water until clean.
3. Boil or bake in oven until soft.
4. Let cool, then peel and mash.
5. Add the remaining sweet potato mixture ingredients; mix well.
6. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
7. Combine all pecan topping mixture ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
8. Pour over sweet potato mixture, spreading evenly.
9. Place casserole dish in oven for 30 minutes, until the top looks brown and toasty.
10. Let cool and enjoy!