Every once in a while, a meal calls for some heat.
Keep these Baked Jalapeño Poppers top of mind next time you’re looking to spice up your life, or simply need a delicious and easy snack for your next gathering!
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 medium scallions sliced (green part only)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt and fresh pepper
- Spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane with a spoon
3. Combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and scallions in a medium bowl. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt
4. Combine panko, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt in another bowl
5. Combine beaten eggs and milk in another bowl
6. Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula
7. Dip stuffed peppers in the egg and milk mixture one at a time (with one hand)
8. Place each pepper, cheese side down, in panko mixture, using a spoon (or other hand), press lightly to adhere the bread crumbs. Flip and repeat
*Every few peppers, give the breading a toss to make sure all the seasoning doesn’t fall to the bottom of the bowl.
9. Spray a baking pan with oil spray. You can also line with parchment for easier cleanup
10. Arrange peppers on the tray so they’re not touching. Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray
11. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out
12. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes. Serve warm with blue cheese dressing and celery… or whatever strikes your fancy!